I just wanted to take a quick second to say . . .
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE.
Have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend. May Santa bring you whatever your heart desires, whether you’ve been naughty or nice. (I’d know what I’d prefer!)
While we’re at it, let’s say goodbye to 2016. What a year, right? Most of us will be happy to see it go.
And to 2017? Well, hello cutie. You’re looking rather attractive right now. Let’s be friends and see where it goes.
Have a good one, everyone!
I think I’m not in the right frame of mind to write a blog post as I just wrote probably the longest ranty blog post in my entire indie career. It was spectacular. I swore. I mean I swore A LOT. And I was super evil. That’s normally not me. At least not in public. When it can bite me in the ass. You know what I mean. I deleted the whole thing.
So I’m not going to re-visit my topic(indie authorship, if you can believe it). And I’m not going to allow my brain to go down that rabbit hole right now when I’m obviously already functioning on lots of stress and little sleep. Always a bad mix.
I’ll keep this short and to just updates, some of which you won’t like, but I can’t help that. I have worked so hard, and feel like I’m running in place right now. Kinda depressing, but it’s only a momentary set back. The only way forward is forward and all that.
Anyhow . . .
- Betrayer release will be delayed until mid-January, possibly later, but will be out before February 2017.
- The new website is also going to be a little later than expected with a launch date around the same time as Betrayer. Gathering assets is taking longer than I thought and eating into crucial editing time so I’m turning it all over to a designer as we speak.
- Because Felix and Rose took on a life of its own, I have to start from scratch on my anthology piece and that means Destroyer is being pushed back, too. I’m going to say with some reservation, we’re probably looking at August/September 2017 release date. BUT definitely before end of 2017. Same for the Felix and Rose project.
I’m bummed. But hope springs eternal, right? There’s always hope. And sleep.
Hopefully everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving this week, and got a chance to spend time with friends and loved ones. Maybe you got some great Black Friday shopping in yesterday. I even see that some people have their Christmas trees up, too. (oooh, you lot are organized).
All the frenzy of activity this week has reminded me that we’re entering the publishing dead zone also known as “The Holiday Season”. In about another week, all of us authors will be sitting back either breathing a sigh of relief, or beating ourselves up for not getting our books out before December.
I have mixed feelings about coming into the holidays. As usual, there is a little bit of disappointment for not having Betrayer out before Thanksgiving. A little bit of frustration over not being further into Felix and Rose. A sense of being disorganized as I run around trying to do admin stuff like contracts, invoices, and coursework . . . yes, I’m taking 2 writing courses. No need to question my sanity, I’m already waaaay ahead of you.
But it’s all good.
There are so many things happening right now, really good things, that I’m extremely thankful for the opportunities I’ve been given, and for the undying support of my friends and fans. The next month or so is going to be a whole new level of crazy, some of which I can’t talk about yet, but it’s going to a be a real corker. Stay tuned.
But the things I can talk about:
- Betrayer is about to shoot off the proof reader in about a week. After that, a short stint at the formatter, and then we’re into final proofs, baby. Be ready for the release date announcement shortly.
- New website contract is sorted and we’re going to be up and running in the next couple of weeks. Exciting times. I might be looking for some beta testers so drop me an email if you’re interested. Free goodies to those who take one for the Overlorders team.
- I’m starting to think about the Betrayer release party and swag. Be on the lookout for release party invites sometime after Christmas.
- I’m going to be Author of the Day on Manybooks.net. Here’s a preview if you’re interested in reading my interview.
I think that covers it for now. I’m off to do some homework and blurb writing.
It finally happened. Unbelievable. Holy wow, Batman.
Watcher is #1 in Urban Fantasy, #1 in Paranormal Suspense, #36 in Kindle books
Aaaand it’s charting across the categories:
- Mystery, Thriller, & Suspense #6
- Suspense #2
- Paranormal Suspense #1
- Science Fiction & Fantasy #10
- Fantasy #5
- Metaphysical & Visionary Fantasy #2
- New Adult & College Fantasy #2
Happy NaNoWriMo 2016 to me! On the day that I start my piece for NaNoWriMo, Watcher goes back into the Amazon chart. Again.
#2 in Paranormal Suspense. #144 Overall in Free Kindle books.
Unbelievable. You guys are so awesome.