Another night. Another bout of insomnia. It’s not something I’m used to given the fact that I exist in order to sleep. I don’t know if it’s because I’m still on San Francisco time or if somehow my body thinks that something miraculous is going to happen after 10pm at night, but nothing short of drugs will conk me out right now.
So in the spirit of late night inane twitterings, I’ve decided to make a list of reasons why I love my critique partner, Terry, and why she is so utterly awesome to me.
But before I do, please give her your sympathy. Somewhere on the West Coast she is in a dentist office getting her wisdom teeth yanked out without general anesthesia. No lie.
Which brings me to my first point . . .
- She is strong. Terry has amazing fortitude. This whole wisdom teeth thing = cake walk
- She is funny as all get out. Seriously. I look forward to getting her feedback just for the witty comments. Pure gold, I tell you. She should be doing stand up.
- She is writing a great series. Honestly. I almost wept after the first 3 chapters because no one should be that good first time around.
- She humors me. Even when she probably shouldn’t.
- We are a lot alike. Hence Point no. 4.
- She writes under a pseudonym. I love me some mystery.
- Her characters are the best. Really. I have laughed out loud, groaned, you name it, as they’ve progressed through their story.
- She’s my agony aunt in the writing world. Every author needs one. I’m lucky to have a good one.
Thank you, Terry. I *heart* you, darling. I hope you feel better soon. Take the drugs. It’s worth it.